Twenty-seven bloody years ago, the sublimely fabulous and witty Olivia – of My New Favourite Thing – kindly bestowed the ‘Stylish Blogger Award’ on my undeserving little shoulders.*
I’m generally not one for following rules – seriously, you should see how much I cheat in a game of Monopoly, let alone life! – but the award obliges its recipient to reveal five things about themselves. Like the baton in a relay race or syphilis (!), it must then be passed to another five blogs.
If you’re sitting comfortably, let us begin:
1. I turned down a place at Oxford to attend… Nottingham University. If this were Twitter, the hashtag #NotInRightMind would now follow.
2. Whilst fully clothed, I was unceremoniously thrown out of an Amsterdam nightclub for “dancing too provocatively”.
3. My grandfather was a Communist.
4. I was once mistaken – and thereafter mobbed – by an excited throng of paparazzi ‘Have DSLR, Will Use DSLR’ Japanese tourists for being Cat Deeley. I must have been prettier in those days…
5. My surname is exceptionally rare – I said “rare” not “C*cksbottom embarrassing” – and I have not been able to identify its origin.
In alphabetical order, I would like to gift this ‘They Love Me, They Really Love Me!’ award to the following ladies:
* As one of my favourite bloggers, I’m genuinely chuffed and humbled by this, Miss Phillips! x