Shortly* before Napoleon’s car accident – and my being temporarily spirited from the world of blogging – I was awarded a ‘Stylish Blogger Award’ by the fiendishly talented illustrator and all-round sweetheart, Maya Beus.
Having already revealed five things about myself in circumstances similar to these – read here for a reminder – it is difficult to muster, as required by the award, a further seven.
I’m just not that interesting, folks.
With my store of witty personal anecdotes a long-busted flush, might it be imprudent to attempt this once again? Well, of bloody course, but imprudence has always been my strong suit…
Seconds Out. Round Two.
My favourite colour is white. Nah, that’s too boring.
2. I see a therapist once a month. It used to be once a week. Does that mean I’m getting better…?
3. My first words, on meeting Napoleon, were “Entertain me”. Ever since, the
performing monkey plucky darling has been doing precisely that.
4. I sponsor a beautiful little girl in Mumbai, India. Going by the name of Pre, she often sends crayoned drawings and doodles that cheer my spirits more than she will ever comprehend. They are mostly of mangoes. Seriously, the kid is obsessed.
5. I’ve only ever slept with one man. I can’t drive. I’m an Atheist. One of these is a lie.
6. Often, I will flirt with the notion of quitting my job in publishing and re-training as a teacher. To be filed under: Mid-life Crisis.
7. Napoleon proposed in November. November 2009, that is. I still haven’t tried on a single wedding dress.
In alphabetical order – and to increase my karma/dodge going to Hell/satisfy my good deed quotient for the day – I would like to pass this award to the following ladies:
* By ‘shortly’, I mean six months ago. But that’s just how we roll here on Style Souk: Slooo…ooo…wly.